star light star bright first star i see tonight...

Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Soothsayer

“Spin me a story soothsayer,” said I,

“One with magic, fairies and other such toddler lies”

“Take me on a journey of far far away lands;

And forsee what Fate holds in her hands.”

This doe-eyed young girl wants to hear it all-

About princes in shining armor and Alice’s fall

Tell me about the Lost Children and Peter Pan

Does Captain Hook succeed in his evil plan?

“Oh, Soothsayer;” said I “use your magic eye

Leave me in rapture with your magical lies.”

Laughed the Soothsayer and smiled,

Said he, “Oh my innocent child,

Stories of good and evil I shall spin,

Tell you about giants, dwarfs and other kin;

But remember my child

Don’t be angry when you find out about the lies.”

“Soothsayer, are you there?

I need answers and I am in despair!”

“Will I be pretty, will I be fair?

When will I be rid of these zits and bad hair?”

“Does the boy next door like me?

Ask me to the prom. Will he? Why do my parents embarrass me?”

I wish I were in Neverland

Where are those adventures you promised me?

With enticing words and a wave of your hand.

“Hahaha,” bellowed the Soothsayer

You have but grown into a teenager,

Lost and confused,

Angry and rebellious;

Open your eyes

And magic you shall find.

“Soothsayer, I am disappointed in your lies

Life didn’t turn out the way I hoped it might.”

Struggle and toil

Deception and plans foiled

This wasn’t your prediction,

I am angry that your stories are just fiction

“Where are my promised mystical adventures?

The handsome prince, my savior?

Is this hopelessness what my future really held?

Weren’t you able to correctly foretell?”

The wise Soothsayer replied, “You seem to be in a crisis my grown child,

I had forewarned you not to be angry with the lies;

Your innocence you have lost,

Getting caught up in the game of life at all cost;

Look into your heart, feel with your soul

The magic you will find and you can take control.

“Spin me a story Soothsayer,” said I,

“One with magic, fairies and other such old fashioned lies”

Refresh my memory of the future past;

This misty-eyed old woman wants the magic to last-

The stories of giants and dwarfs and their kin

I was caught up in life and I don’t quite remember the ending

Oh how could I have forgotten these wonderful lies?

After all their truth I did find in my life.

“Oh, Soothsayer,” said I “use your magic eye

Maybe it ends differently this time?

1 Comments:

At Sat Mar 10, 09:52:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So if I tell you a story will you believe that story ....I can only lead you to the paths you would have to the choose which path to take.

But I doubt that will happen....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home